MONTESSORI ADOLESCENT PROGRAMME INSPIRATION (MAPI)
The MAPI project supported from the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union is now in its last quarter. We are going to meet, share knowledge and information about the adolescent work and create guidelines for other Montessori enthusiastic adolescents guides and school administrators for another half a year.
At the end of 2016 the fourth meeting of the project partners took place, this time at the beautiful surroundings of The Montessori Place school, and their new site at Eason’s Green, Framfield, East Sussex. On the place of former church educational centre new Montessori space was built with one primary class, class for elementary children and a space for adolescent students is being currently created. The work with adolescents will start from September 2017 but already now we could admire purposeful classrooms, cosy community spaces and newly refurbished rooms for future boarding students and guests. The project participants from six partner organizations discussed for three days how to establish Montessori adolescent programmes, we created next part of the methodology and the content of the future website and we prepared data for the European Montessori adolescent inventory.
At the time being we focus mainly on preparing two dissemination events.
In January we created an abstract of a workshop that we are going to present at the International Montessori Congress in July I Prague. See www.montessoricongress2017.org
The closest event that is in front of us shortly is the Annual General meeting of AMI, one of the project partners, in April in Amsterdam. One part of the Sunday Montessori Forum will be focused on work with adolescents. We will present the project at a separate presentation and a number of other speakers dealing with adolescent education will follow. You can the invitation and programme of the whole event at
1. PROJECT DESCRIPTION:
To allow educators of adolescents from partner organizations to share knowledge, know-how and experience in the area of the project – specifics and methodology in Montessori education of young people (age 13 – 18) and methods of non-formal education of youth. Through sharing we want to design, develop and start Montessori adolescent programmes in EU. Together we will create comprehensive international methodology and complex set of activities that can be used within the Montessori educational system for work with youth, based on the needs of young people in each country. We will also create inventory of existing Montessori youth programmes in Europe and last but not least, we will create Internet platform through which the sharing of knowledge, knowhow and experience will be supported and continued after the project is over.
Purpose of the project:
- to share and exchange of know how, experience, case studies and ideas in Montessori non-formal adolescent education across the AMI membership network
- to identify the needs of individual countries/partnering organizations leading to enhanced networking and identify opportunities for cooperation
- to establish international networking tool based on knowledge of project partners
- to support mobility among partners
- to train specialists to work with adolescent children
- INVENTORY (DATABASE) OF EXISTING MONTESSORI EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMMES FOR YOUTH in Europe that will serve as a source of inspiration to anyone interested.
- METHODOLOGY HOW TO DEVELOP AND START ADOLESCENT EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMMES – key pillars and processes of establishing adolescent programme based on Montessori principles
- IT PLATFORM FOR SHARING KNOWLEDGE, KNOW-HOW AND EXPERIENCE – in the area of Montessori adolescent education.
- Work on intellectual project outputs:
- Creation of the Inventory of existing Montessori educational programmes for youth
- Creation of the Methodology how to develop and start adolescent educational programmes
- Creation of the interactive IT platform
- Transnational meetings:
- 6 transnational meetings, 1 in each partner organization – 2 – 3 people from each partner organization on the premises of the partner organization
- Dissemination Events:
- Roundtable for adolescent educators at AMI AGM, Amsterdam 2017 (dissemination for Montessori public)
- Event and presentation at the International Montessori Congress, Prague2017 (dissemination for general public)
- Learning/Teaching/Training Activity:
- Adolescent Orientation Programme (3 youth workers/adolescent teachers from each partner organization)
Primary target group: specialists working with adolescent children and educators of adolescents from the partnering organizations Secondary target group: young people aged 13 – 18 both from Montessori and non-Montessori background Tertiary target group: specialists, educators and organizations with the field of interest in adolescent non-formal education in the AMI worldwide network as well teachers, lecturers, activity facilitators, parents and other people working in the area of interest.
2. DATES AND LOCATIONS
Project start date: 1 September 2015 Project end date: 31 August 2017
Transnational project meetings:
|Montessori schools Andílek / MIP||Prague, Czech Republic||18 – 20 September 2015|
|Montessori-Initiative Wieden||Vienna, Austria||March 2016|
|Montessoriskolan Lära för Livet||Varberg, Sweden||July 2016|
|The Montessori Place / Maria Montessori Institute||Brighton /London, UK||December 2016|
|AMI||Amsterdam, Netherlands||April 2017|
|Montessori schools Andílek / MIP||Prague, Czech Republic||July 2017|
|Roundtable for Specialists in Adolescent Education||AMI||April 2017|
|International Montessori Congress||Montessori schools Andílek / MIP||July 2017|
International Educational Events:
|Orientation to Adolescent Studies||Varberg, Sweden||July 2016|
3. PROJECT PARTNERS:
Montessori školy Andílek (Czech Republic): www.rcandilek.cz
AMI (The Netherlands): www.ami-global.org
The Maria Montessori Institute (UK): www.mariamontessori.org
The Montessori Place (UK) : www.themontessoriplace.org.uk
Montessori-Initiative Wieden (Austria): www.mi4.at
Montessoriskolan Lära for livet (Sweden): www.laraforlivet.com
Montessori školy Andílek Pod radnicí 3 150 00 Praha 5 Czech Republic
GSM: +420 732 711 998